Selecting the color of a new roof might be one of the most difficult decisions to make with home improvements. The roof you decide on will last for over 25 years when properly inspected and maintained. Therefore, careful consideration must be of top priority when it comes to the color of a roof. What you enjoy today, may not be the favorite color choice of next year. So make your color choice carefully. Here are some tips to help decide what colors look best for 2023 and how to make the best choice for your home.
Most shingles fall into one of these five color categories.
- Light brown hues – sand, taupe, desert
- Dark brown hues – autumn brown, tree bark, weathered wood
- Blue hues – denim, navy, sky blue, blue-green
- Green hues – forest, moss, hunter
- Off-White hues – beige, stone, tan, khaki
Shingle Color of the Year
Owens Corning has recently come out with the new color of the year. Midnight Plum has been noted as the Shingle Color of the Year and the latest to debut in their TruDefinition Duration shingle line. Sue Burkett, strategic marketing leader and senior color expert at Owens Corning states “This gorgeous shade of gray with rich purple undertones is a first-of-a-kind for shingle color palettes.” She continues by stating “Whether the new shade brings to mind the sky’s horizon just beyond dusk, an orchid at peak bloom, or a perfectly ripened plum, Midnight Plum is a versatile and intriguing color for boosting a home’s curb appeal.”
Benefits of Asphalt
Asphalt Shingles are always a solid choice when it comes to roofing materials. What are some of the benefits of this roofing material?
- Offers a traditional look
- Individual shingles can be easily replaced
- Variety of colors to choose from
- No worry about rust
- Variety of design
Believe it or not, the architecture of your home can help decide which color of the roof looks best.
- Earth tones look wonderful on a low slope, or Mediterranean-style home
- Grays and browns are set off with Victorian or French-chateau-style homes
- Grays, blacks, and browns are ideal for a Ranch style or a long, low roofline
When it comes to all things roofing, put your trust in Willey Roofing in Hillsboro. We strive in putting our customers first by listening to their needs and providing the best option for the family and budget. We know the opportunity to protect your home is built on trust, and we are here to earn yours by providing you with top-notch roofing.
We are an Owens Corning Preferred Roofing Contractor, have an A+ rating with BBB, and are a member of the Highland County Chamber of Commerce. Not only do manufacturers trust us with their products, but our reviews from our customers are stellar as well.